To say that I dislike insects would not be doing my feelings justice. I HATE BUGS. HATE. Despite my recent cross country move, I'm unable to escape them. Rather, they are bigger, more disgusting and more ubiquitous here. So, I'm throwing in the towel on trying to avoid them. You win bugs. You win.
Today, for lack of anything better to do or post about, I'm going to face my fears. I'm going to look into the eye of the beast. And because you're so lucky, I've decided this can be a growing experience for the both of us. Let's grow together, you and me.
Today, for lack of anything better to do or post about, I'm going to face my fears. I'm going to look into the eye of the beast. And because you're so lucky, I've decided this can be a growing experience for the both of us. Let's grow together, you and me.
Ok. Ready? On the count of three.
One, two, three.
Look at it!
It's even more disgusting and bigger than I remember! It's wriggling around and leaking some kind of blue juice! This is just wrong.
I'm sorry I made you do this. I have to go now. I'm overcome with nausea and vile thoughts of squishing that with my flipflop.
Please forgive me, this was a horrible idea. We'll resume next week with our usual puppies and rainbows and forget all about that...that abomination up there.
5 comments:
OMG, what IS that?
I guess winter is good for something. I might need you to post that again in February.
It is a sign of the end times, dear.
They are called Brood XIX cicadas which spend 13 years underground brewing and, in order to properly welcome me to Bamalama, they have decided THIS is their big year.
I can't stop barfing. Help me.
Wow. My five minutes of online research did not yield anything that would make you stop throwing up. Seeing as you already are, how about this? NPR reported that YOU CAN EAT THEM. They taste like asparagus.
GROSS! I saw a picture of a Japanese girl wearing the shells in her hair. Her HAIR.
Words (nearly) fail.
In light of our recent text conversation, perhaps certain bama residents' "health problems" would be solved by a change in diet...to asparagus-flavored cicadas.
Now I'm barfing. Imagining the crunch and blue juice oozing down one's throat....aaaaarggghghghghgh!
Post a Comment