In case you missed it, I'm running the New Jersey Festival at the Shore Marathon on Sunday. Me! Running a marathon. I can't believe it myself, but I am so excited to check it off my bucket list! This has been an almost year long journey, which began last August when Katelyn started a playgroup freeing up 90 minutes of my time, three times a week. An hour and a half isn't enough time to do much of anything, except a quick lap around Central Park. And so, when I began pushing Mr. Nicholas those 3 miles, and a neighbor suggested we run a marathon, I was excited to run with a goal in mind. The real training didn't begin until January, but I needed those 5 months to prove to myself that I could take on a marathon. Now that I'm here, I get misty-eyed just thinking about crossing the finish line.
435 miles and 5 months later, I'm in the best shape of my life and have an amazing boost of self-esteem.
Katelyn and Nicholas are all geared up to cheer their faces off for me; they've been practicing their cheers for months. Go Mommy Go! Never give up! And my favorite: Eye of the Tiger Mommy! Hair of the dog! (I threw that in there because it makes me laugh when Katelyn screams it.)
See you Monday, hopefully still in command of my lower half.
2 comments:
Go betsy go!
I am so excited for you! This is going to be such an awesome accomplishment and I love that the kids have been involved with your training. I will be cheering for you too, but from NYC.
Post a Comment