Thursday, September 1, 2011

Family Ties

I do not envy Nicholas' lot in our family. He's around two girly girls all day and as expected, enjoys all things girly. At first I was all too happy to indulge him. Paint your toenails pink? Sure. Clips in your hair? Why not two? Nooo you have your high heels on the wrong feet! And the other day when he wanted to put Katelyn's leotard with the pretty tutu and sparkles on, I about died from preciousness.
However, we do occasionally have a man-figure in our household who doesn't paint his toe nails, wear high heels (he can't! he honest-to-goodness physically can't wear them!), or put on tutus in his spare time. Maybe a pink dress shirt if he's feeling fancy. And so, it occured to him of late, that there was something a bit wrong with all the girly frilly tutu business his son was engaging in. Perhaps whilst he is away mommy-dear is leading him down the primrose path to homedecorator or balletdancer? No, he argues. There's just something wrong with it. And I realize I can only argue in favor of pink and purple for my son for so long before I start to feel as though maybe I should be devoting more time to trucks and mud and balls. Maybe I'm being selfish and indulging in the the things I like and neglecting the things he might like. So, it was decided that my sweet Nickybear can no longer have clips. Or pink toe nails.
And this morning after a doll-throwing, legs-kicking, screaming tantrum, I finally convinced him a tie! a tie like daddy wears! is an adequate subsitute for the gorge pink polka dot bow that his sister gets to wear.
You be the judge.

3 comments:

CaseyGirl said...

ADORABLE!!!

Grandma Becky said...

Ever so handsome! and very daddy-like.

Anonymous said...

You need to hit the local salvation army/thrift store...Halloween is coming and there will be tons of cheep costumes for boys. Lana