Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Update

When I picked up the phone around 9 last night, it sounded like the call was coming from the center of the earth. In reality it was coming from this hopping little town called "Bayaguana, Dominican Republic." Give yourself a little geography lesson and Google it. (I'll be the first to admit I did not know the Dominican Republic was on the same island as Haiti. Heck, I didn't know the DR was an island...See, now I know so much about it that I can call it the DR instead of Dominican Republic.)
But, I digress. In two minutes I found out the following: The doctor is doing fine, is staying in a hotel with a pool, is working on people who are entirely grateful, and promises to reappear at my door tomorrow at 6 o'clock.

4 comments:

Katie said...

Wow, that's terrific. Well done, Patrick.

Becky said...

That is truly good news all around!

Great Grandma Eileen Grandpa Les said...

Thanks, Patrick, for helping those with an unimaginable life experience.
You gained an unforgettable memory.

Anonymous said...

PAT! Come home safe!!!! God bless you for doing the work we all wish we could be doing.

-Ryan