Dear Katelyn,
Today you are two years old. I remember when I held you for the first time; you looked up at me with your big blue curious eyes. You were completely quiet. Before you were born I wondered how it was possible to love something the minute you saw it. But I understood it immediately then.
I want to remember you just the way you are right now. So, this is you: A few days ago you looked in the mirror and declared yourself "Princess Kiki." You love Dora the Explorer. You call chocolate "chocolatte." If you could eat bagels as your sole source of nutrition, you would. Everytime you get a vitamin, you immediately ask for another one and laugh when I remind you that you one get one.
You love your baby brother so much. When he cries you bring him random household objects to cheer him up. Sometimes you call him "Sweet Baby." At first you called him "Nicky-yus." Then "Knuckle-us." And finally "Nich-o-las!" And when he wakes up from a nap, you are the first one to notice. You are a good big sister.
You love talking to strangers. Every ride in the elevator, every walk down the grocery aisle is an opportunity for you to win over teenagers, grumpy elderlies, gruff looking construction workers...you won't stop saying "hellooooo" until you get one in return.
You love your dance class. Your favorite place to go is the park, you are free to wander and it brings you so much happiness. You are almost completely fearless. It scares me sometimes, but mostly I admire that about you.
Katelyn, I love you so much. Happy Birthday.
Love,Mom
(reading the paper with Auntie Sarah)

4 comments:
Great memories! And a magnificently HAPPY SECOND BIRTHDAY from us, too!
We'll see you in a few days, Katelyn.
Happy birthday, Katelyn! Can't wait to celebrate with you.
And congrats, Betsy, on the transition to the toddler bed.
Dear Katelyn,
You are so sweet and loveable. Even though miles seperate us, you love us. It is so fun to "Skype" with you, especially when you shout "Bailey!" We can't resist your smile! We love you deeply.
Happy second Birthday!
awww, i love your letter to katelyn, and someday she will too -chey
Post a Comment