Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Dessert Tonight

This morning I awoke to terrible news: Patrick had left a brand new bucket of cookies and cream ice cream out overnight. How could this be? Had greater tragedy ever struck our household?

I mourned that bucket all morning and then decided to do something about it: I would make my own dessert.Being the resourceful housewife that I am, I thought and thought and thought and thought about what to do. And then I remembered this:

A few weeks ago I discovered this deliciously adorable blog, Conversations With Cupcake. Every week they feature a new, yummy completely original dessert. This week it featured a scrumptious Lemon Crumpet Cake. And, as though it were meant to be, I had all the ingredients (save the ice cream) in my kitchen right then. Yes!

Mmmm, lemon cake, warm berry sauce and vanilla bean ice cream. Heaven.Now go make some for yourself and stop drooling over mine.

3 comments:

Great Grandma Eileen said...

Sounds good, looks good...what more needs to be said, other than I'll try it some day?
I think I heard Katelyn in the background saying this time it was Daddy and not HER who did something no-so-right! Your turn, Betsy.

Patrick and Betsy said...

You'll be waiting a long time, I never make mistakes!

Jess said...

so talented!