While baking banana bread this morning we found out what happens when you turn the mixer on to full speed after adding the dry ingredients.
Nicholas, during his first all out screaming temper tantrum of the day, started throwing things down the stairs. That there is a lovely hook rug my grandpa made for Lucy hanging from the chandelier. As a side note, if anyone has any useful advice on managing three year old temper tantrums please let me know.
(I said useful! So please spare me the "it's just a phase, just ignore the bad behavior, pithy nonsense! I need REAL advice! Oh. Mama. That was rude. And you didn't deserve that. See? I'm totally at my wits end with this kid.)
My peonies! My sweet, beautiful breathtaking enormous and bountiful peonies. Their aroma wafting through my house saved my sanity. Almost. Oh I love those things. They are my second favorite thing about this money pit house.
Mr. Personality and Princess Katelyn playing Lego Barbies. Sweet peace! Their chatter when playing nicely warms the cockles of heart.
And after all the screaming, crying and general freak outs Nicholas hollered "I want my blankie!" and promptly fell asleep. Ah yes, all in a days work.
Note to self: Do not blog on temper tantrum saturated days.
So noted.
1 comment:
Dear God!!! Can you read my mind, friend?!?!? What is with the dreaded, awful, debilitating 3year old tantrums? Shoot me. Shoot me, now! However, I am VERY pleased to know they're a fairly regular occurrence at your house as well. We must compare notes, or advice, or maybe a cocktail (we won't share that, we'll have our own... Or 6, of our own).
Post a Comment