Friday, November 5, 2010

Tasting Sidewalk

Katelyn loooooooves to walk to school. It is a short walk by any standard; about 2.5 blocks. Somedays, however, it takes up to 15 minutes to cover that much sidewalk give or take, depending on how interesting the contents of the garbage piles that day, or if there is a cute dog, a bird, an invisible piece of lint, poo, or basically anything in our path. I don't mind it though, Katelyn is so delighted to be on her way to school, that I usually indulge her curiosities along the way.
This morning, about 100 feet from school, Katelyn ate pavement. Splat! She laid there for a moment, long enough for a nice woman to stop and try to help her up. With a shake of her head she politely refused, stood up and in a deep voice said "Shake it off!" then wiped her tights and went back to her dillydallyrunwalking. Man, I love that kid.

No comments: