Friday, April 17, 2009

Two Things

1. I failed. I got to page 421 of my book before the clock ran out. Now I either have to hope and pray that I happen to find that book on the elusive 1-week-no-renewal-shelf or give in and buy the book. Or forget about the endeavor entirely.

2. The following story really happened. It really did.

Picture it: Easter morning, Katelyn's room. Patrick and I are readying our progeny for church. She's wearing, well you saw it, a green dress, white tights and one white shoe.

Patrick: (very seriously) Are you sure it is ok for her to be wearing white shoes before Memorial Day?
Betsy: (momentarily silent.) Um. Hmm. Well, she is a baby. I don't think that rule is really followed anymore.

Dear God, what have I created?!

3 comments:

Camilla said...

and how was the first half of the book?

Patrick and Betsy said...

it was good, but it was just getting to the really, unbelievably bleak part of the book and i was starting to get disinterested. if it is like any of his other books, i know things will turn around.

Michelle said...

Ok- now Part 2 is just about as funny as Katelyn shaking her tushie in the previous post! And hey- you gave the book a valiant effort! I am reading Sarah's Key right now, and I'm through the first 73 pages- which took me like three weeks to do. Not finishing entire books has become a "Mom Thing" for me. Ah, well.