My neighborhood library is a tiny one; there are three shelves of non-fiction hardcovers, two paperbacks, one for new arrivals and one for non-fiction. As you can imagine, the selection is quite limited. In addition to the small selection, there is an incredibly large pool of members (say upwards of 5 million) who are jockeying for newly released novels. So you can see how difficult it is to get my hands on a popular title. I once put in a request for a book and was 437th in line to get it.
With little exception, I almost never try for new books from the library. That is, unless they are on the one week, no renewal shelf. I was particularly excited when I found this title today, as I had been thinking of buying it for some time:
With little exception, I almost never try for new books from the library. That is, unless they are on the one week, no renewal shelf. I was particularly excited when I found this title today, as I had been thinking of buying it for some time:
That is, until I realized there are no less than 723 pages in this book. Usually I jump into a long novel wholeheartedly; the longer the better. Of course, I'm not usually under a time crunch. This time however, it's as if that sticker on the side is taunting me. "Seven hundred and twenty three pages in seven days," it mocks. "You'll never make it."
Oh yeah. It's on.
2 comments:
I wish you the best of luck! I have no time for reading unless it is things for my FRG or a magazine from my subscription that is 3 months old! I suck at time management!!!
Oh yeah love the car by the way!! Very fancy!!
Hey- I have faith in you! I was able to read when it was just Andrew. Now I'm stretched too thin. I've bowed out of the last two book club meetings I was supposed to go to because I hardly even started the books. So sad.
Post a Comment