Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Family Photos

Growing up, and possibly still depending on when you visit, my parents hallway was always decorated with photographs of my sisters and me. For a while there were artist renderings of our likenesses, and a few years where pencil sketches done by a great-aunt hung there too, but for the most part it's always been pictures. Olan-Mills made an appearance for a time and then there were the years when my sisters and I posed in the cherry tree in our yard; Katie in her E.T. headband and Sarah and I with our babyish faces, and most recently, our wedding pictures.

I am sure most homes in the world that have hallways or staircases have family photos adorning their walls. It just seems so natural. When I saw what Katelyn had done to our hallway, I had to wonder if the need to hang these pictures was more than just natural, it was somehow written into our genes.
That's me there on the left. I feel it's a pretty good likeness. Katelyn's on the right. What does it mean that she has no mouth?
And this, this is Patrick. Doesn't he bear a striking resemblence to Holly Robinson?

We haven't gotten one of Nicholas yet, in case you're wondering.

2 comments:

Auntie Elizabeth said...

Katelyn is quite the artist! I always wondered what would happen if Patrick grew his hair out... I can't wait to see the photos of Nicholas or Baby Daffodil!!

Sarah said...

OMG this is too funny! Patrick's is the BEST.