Remember how I subjected my beloved to strange and questionably edible vegetables through our local CSA? In addition to culinary greatest hits such as rattail radishes and a king's ransom of bok choi, I discovered something legitimately tasty: kale chips. Listen, I was skeptical too. Kale chips? I pictured thick, bitter chunks of warm, green poison. This is coming from a person who finds potatoes objectionable afterall. But trust me, if you make these you will be pleasantly surprised. Kale chips are light, delicious and really, really, insanely good for you.
The ingredients are simple:
1 bunch kale
1T olive oil
salt to taste
Remove the leaves from the hard stems and chop into bite size pieces. Toss with olive oil and sea salt (or garlic salt is yummy too!) on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake at 375 for 10-15 minutes or until light and crispy.
Just look at my babes snarfing them down:
Of course, it doesn't hurt to throw a little Electric Company on and let them eat in front of the TV.
3 comments:
I'm not convinced. Still believe (to paraphrase a bit) "tasting is in the eye of the eater." I promise not to tell Katelyn or Nicholas.
I have been making these for about a year now and they fricken rock! My kids love them too! I also use collard greens and they taste just as good! I also sprinkle a little paprika or cayenne pepper on them.
I am trying it this week!
Post a Comment