Thursday, May 6, 2010

Creepy Crawly Caterpillars


A few months ago I thought it might be fun to order some caterpillars for Katelyn to observe. They arrived fresh from Rosholt, WI yesterday and we are just tickled to be their new owners! (Here's hoping they make it into butterflies...otherwise we might be having a different sort of circle of life discussion.) For now we are anxiously awaiting the arrival of their food, milkweed plants, so we can liberate them from their solo cup.
And for those of you who are wondering if I'm at all missing my days as commander in chief of the Purple Room, the answer is yes! This is just as much fun, though.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Fun!

Though when I first saw this picture I was worried that it was related to your CSA.

Unknown said...

I too miss my time in our beloved Purple Room! You are a great teacher/Mommy... pretty soon I'll be able to make monarch art projects with my little man too. I can't wait! Have fun Miss Katelyn!

Sarah said...

you'll have to help me out with all that pre-school fun stuff when the time comes. for some reason i have no creativity in that dept.