Wednesday, March 17, 2010

****crickets chirping****

It's been quiet around the blog for the past few weeks but not for lack of action. See, last week Dr. Jost absconded to The Big Easy with my computer (for a week of fine dining, carousing until dawn and general merriment but that's a topic for another post) and now that he has returned he's absconded with my camera to do his evil bidding at the hospital. Can I say absconded a few more times? You know I can.

All absconding aside, there has been no lack of action here on the homefront. Last week my parents came to visit. The weather was horrific (think dawn of the apocolypse meets Waterworld) and we were stuck inside for most of the time. But! Fun was still had and Katelyn was thrilled to see her Nana and Papa.

Today, in honor of Dr. Jost's patron saint, I took the kiddos to the St. Patrick's Day Parade. Since we are want of photographs, I shall describe the parade in great detail: picture it, a sea of Boy Scouts, bagpipes and ROTC enlistees as far as the eye can see. Rolling waves of Irish flags, armies of kilts, more boy scouts, cub scouts, scouts a-plenty. Scouts Galore! Did I mention there were boy scouts? At one point my girlfriend asked the police officer on crowd control in our section if there were going to be any floats. His response? "No! This is a parade!" Ah. Nevertheless, Katelyn enjoyed the festive mood and free cookies from said officer.

Tomorrow we are heading to the zoo. Photo opportunities await!

No comments: