Ah, the warm weather has arrived! And with it has brought my energy miserlyness (Google spellcheck says that's not a word, but I say it is). I will not, under any circumstance or level of heat, turn on my air conditioners. Chew on that, Con-Edison! However, the need for proper ventilation remains and as such I have thrown open every last window in our house. Fresh air abounds! Ok, air. Air abounds. Its cleanliness is debatable.
But I digress. My point is while this abundance of air is lovely and fine, it also drags in noise. Right this very minute I can hear the following: screaming children-playground behind the building, an engine idling (sounds like a school bus), an airplane, car horn honking, two dogs barking, air brakes, this incessant sqweaking noise and some kind of industrial saw. I have my TV on 21 volume (which ordinarily would blow me right off the sofa) and I can barely hear it. I am currently fantasizing about sitting at my in-laws house, on their comfy comfy sofa watching the telly, windows open hearing only the chirping of song birds. Ah, bliss. But it is not meant to be. For me. Boo-hoo, you see.
When I read this, I realize I really have no point. I just wanted to complain. And there you have it. And now, on top of all that noise, I can faintly hear my babe notfiying me that nap time is over.
Fin.
7 comments:
We have the same problem living right off of a major thoroughfare. We hear accidents, sirens, children at the playground, brakes, trucks, airplanes, and gunshots. Okay, maybe not the last one; but you get the drift. We use our windows to keep ourselves cool, but by doing so we allow in the surrounding environment. Most of the time it isn't welcome because it wakes the baby (or me) and makes it hard to watch American Idol. Good luck and stay cool.
Yes. How are we supposed to watch American Idol with all this noise?! Good thing we have almost a whole year to devise a plan...
http://www.absolutelyrics.com/lyrics/view/neil_diamond/beautiful_noise/
http://www.absolutelyrics.com/lyrics/view/neil_diamond/beautiful_noise/
If you can't read the whole address just google beautiful noise lyrics you tube.. Dad thought this was perfect
Was Neil Diamond an avid drug user?
Just a lifelong New Yorker...
I guess that is where we differ. My humble upbringing in quiet, fresh-air Musk-e-go has ruined me for anything else.
Post a Comment