Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Carrots

Last night Katelyn got her first tasted of carrots. Making them was a bit of a disaster (I "caramelized" the first batch. Actually, I burned them entirely which made the whole house smell like marshmellows. "Mmm. Something smells good!" Patrick exclaimed when he came home.) hopefully subsequent attempts will take less than two hours and produce more than 3 tablespoons.

It's hard to tell, but she is vigorously jamming the spoon into her mouth. It is quite a challenge to keep her arms out of the way when we're trying to feed her.

4 comments:

Great Grandma Eileen, Great Grandpa Les said...

How come Katelyn isn't wearing her finest when dining????

Sarah said...

Are you going to make all of her babyfood? My mom did that. Not that I remember...

Patrick and Betsy said...

i am going to try. although if i keep flambe-ing everything i might give up.

JandC said...

Happy Birthday Betsy! Hope you're doing something fun today!