Thursday, July 26, 2018

Summer Scenes

I like to tell people we're marooned out here in the far reaches of Waukesha County; with Jefferson County a stone's throw away from our yard. Gone are the days when forgetting a key ingredient in a recipe results in a 10 minute detour to the grocery store. No, if I've forgotten to purchase basil, by Job, we're going to have to march forth without it. And these days I actually have to formulate a list of things I need from Target because I can't just stop by whenever I please. A list, for Target? Things are truly dire.







So, yes. Our life is a little different out here in the country. We don't have a proper tv, we don't have friends to play with, we don't have a pool to go to; and aside from visitors, we just have each other. In a lot of ways these inconveniences have turned into blessings: without the tv to call us inside, we stay up later than the sun (which is saying something in summer!). We catch fireflies at dusk and we swim long after the lake has gone quiet. And despite the daily fights and moments of serious aggravation (they're kids after all) I like to think the kids have spent a good deal of quality time together. I hope this summer remains a golden memory forever.

No comments: