Friday, September 6, 2013

Excuse Me While I Congratulate Myself

Katelyn woke up this morning at 6 am. I know this because my dearest husband set the alarm next to my head for 5:45, yet left the house sometime shy of this wee hour, and since I couldn't figure out how to do anything besides spasticly swat at the snooze button (I don't see well without me spectacles) every five minutes I'd been hovering between non compos mentis and half awake for 15 minutes. "Can I go wait for the bus now?" she eerily whispered an inch from my face. I finally gave in 2 hours later but 30 minutes before the bus was due to arrive. 
So-with Katelyn safely on her way to school there was nothing left for me to do but surreptitiously steal Skittles from the bag on the counter for 8 hours before she returned this afternoon. I kid! I have two other tots, remember? So, in an effort to combine both Skittles eating and parenting we did this:
 First my boy guessed which tree would have the most "apples." (Yellow)
 Then he sorted the apples onto each tree and counted them.
Finally we determined the green tree had the most apples. Then we ate a few from each tree, doing a little subtraction as we went.
Hooray for multi-tasking!

Have you ever visited www.notimeforflashcards.com? It's a great resource for bored parents/kids and it's where I found this activity.

No comments: