Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Vacation Roundup

It is *almost* hard to recall a time this summer when it was FIFTYONE degrees and raining, but alas, that was indeed the weather on our annual summer vacation to the Northwoods. Patrick and I are both sun lovers and it almost sunk both of us into a deep depression to be marooned with Mother Nature and late fall temperatures.
 Go Fish with Auntie Katie
 Feeding a flock of baby ducks.

 A toy fish that Nicholas and Lexi spent hours catching and releasing.

 Who remembers plastic cross stitch? Meeeeee!

 I think the look on my Dad's face pretty much sums up what's happening here.
 The kids got hours of fun out of the hammock.
 Cousin pile!

 Lexi got 1,543 cans of playdough for her birthday which kept the kids busy (and the carpets full of multicolored bits) all week.

Despite the yucky weather the kids really enjoyed being together non-stop. 
One more year of bad weather, Mama Nature and I'm heading south of the Mason Dixon. 
You're on notice.

No comments: