Monday, March 4, 2013

Little Kate Goes Straight

Last night while in the tub, Katelyn asked me if she could have straight hair. Why? I asked. I want it to look like Lily! Lily, I should mention, is her little bestie besterton from school who has hair even curlier than Katelyn's. One day about 2 months ago, Lily's mom straightened her hair. And so the seed was planted.

I have always always always wanted to see what Katelyn would look like with straight hair. And just ask my sister in law...I am always always always pestering her to see what she would look like with straight hair. It fascinates me! I love me some curls, but the ability to have both bouncy and stick straight tresses? I die!

So she skipped down the hall, plunked down on a bench with The Runaway Dreidel and I got to work with styling products, a blow dryer and a flatiron. She sat patiently through it all and wondered aloud whether it would stay straight when she woke up. I wondered too. When she rolled out of bed this morning we had our answer:



Success! Straight with a little nod to her gorgeous couldlas (how do you spell could-las, mom?) at the bottom!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful, Miss Thang. Simply beautiful!!!

Camilla said...

Ooooh! so pretty

Ryan and Lily said...

Just to clarify...Lily's hairdresser (her cousin) straightened her hair so blame her:)