Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Terrific Two



Nicholas, you are two today. You are sweet. You push your sister's buttons with such cat-like precision, it continues to amazes me. You love to snuggle. You refuse to say "Roll Tide." Instead you say "I say wah-eagle." (You turned two in Alabama, we're just trying to help you assimilate). You love to ride your fire truck up and down the street and you've worn out the toes of two pairs of shoes (they're your brakes) doing it. Lightning McQueen is your favorite and daddy is your hero. Your favorite book is The Little Red Caboose, but you call it Wed Da-boose. Katelyn is your idol. You repeat everything she says and do everything she does. Sometimes this is a good thing. And sometimes it makes her very very mad. But she loves you the best all the same. When we drop her off at school you say "Bye, baby!" until she has disappeared inside. If you are sleepy, if you are thinking, if you are tired, or playing or bored you bite your tongue in this really adorable way that makes me want to eat you up. People tell me all the time what a cute little boy you are and I want to say I KNOW! I know! I want to bite him he's so cute! But I just smile. I love you my Nicholas and no matter how old you get, you'll always be my little boy.
Love
Mom.

4 comments:

Oma and Opa said...

Dear Nicholas,
You are so much fun! We love to be with you, playing with balls, trains, trucks, catching frogs, watching airplanes. We have fun letting you beep the horn on the fishing boat or sit on the motorcycle....it is precious to be in your presence.
Our love on your second birthday.

Unknown said...

I can't handle this. He's two!?! How do these things happen?

mamajudy said...

I love love love reading your blogs! I marvel at your maternal insights Thank you for posting pictures of your beautiful children. It makes my day brighter.

CaseyGirl said...

Happy Birthday Mr. Nicholas!!! I miss you and that cute little smile of yours!