Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The O.K. Corral

You see that pint-sized pantsless primadonna up there? Well shoot, we had ourselves a showdown for three hours this morning. Why?
You see that delectable, highly nutritious yet compact and portable breakfast delight up there? Mmmhmm, that's the one. Seems little sugarpie idontneednosteenkingpants jones doesn't think it's up to par as far as breakfast fare goes. I ain't yeller so I told her no more food til it's gone. (She asked for the thing inthefirstplace!) Fine. She walked away like it wasn't no big thing and I knew I had a showdown on my hands. There it sat, tumbleweeds rolling it by all morning. Untouched. Wasn't 'til three hours later when my junior Texas Ranger started in with "ookie! ookie!" did my little primadonna prance right over, consume the entire bar and ask for a cookie.
I win.
The end.

3 comments:

John Heltemes said...

Well played...well played, indeed!

Anne-Blyth said...

your writing is so witty and enjoyable. we too, have had many showdowns, but none that lasted that long. way to stick to your guns! see you in b'ham soon.

Jess said...

I love your little stories! You put them so well and we all go through them! I think that's why it always puts a smile on my face to read your's to know I am not the only one going through them! LOVE IT!!