In my neighborhood and throughout the city in general, there are lots and lots of signs. Signs advertising things like "special" pineapple chunks, or gourme'n't wraps, traffic signs commanding"no honking except for emergency" and my personal favorite "obey traffic laws." Before the OTB (Off Track Betting) location closed they had a sign on the door that began "Attention race fans..." which made me laugh because calling the patrons there "race fans" is akin to describing an alcoholic as a "drinking enthusiast." I spend a lot of time walking and reading these signs and I have caught myself over and over thinking I should take pictures and share them with you. Don't worry, I'll still post far more pictures of my offspring than these silly signs.
Here's the first:
I spotted this one above the side entrance of a high-rise apartment building. When I saw it, it reminded me of the book series Number One Ladies Detective Agency and it made me smile. When I got home I was curious about this "International Detective Agency" and if Wikipedia is to be believed, after an illustrious career, Mr. Burns died in 1932...I guess it's fair to say security is a bit lax there.
2 comments:
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/5mZ0QmSzuZfKt5ZcKudwN9006yIiQ-LYi1mqGzRPpU8?feat=directlink
This is one of my favorite signs found downstairs near the bathrooms at Spitzer's bar. Code of conduct: the law. OH. thank you for posting that, or i would have no idea how to act here. I can't believe this sign isn't it next to all bathrooms at all bars. i think its important to be up front with your patrons.
Reminds me of the stickers my grandpa used to get from his auto insurance company that said his car was protected by the Pinkerton Agency(you'll have to look them up).... like they had agents around every corner just keeping track of your car.
Post a Comment